Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Beer Pick of the Week: February 18, 2007


From time to time, I will be doing a piece on this blog selecting a band each week (or whenever I have time to do so) . I select a band I believe is the "Beer Pick of the Week".

This week's pick is Winnipeg's blues-rock trio The Perpetrators.

I chose the Perpetrators since I saw them in concert almost two weeks ago. I've heard only good things about the trio, and since they were finally performing a concert in the town where I live, I decided to check them out. The Perpetrators are easily one of the most underrated rock bands in all of Winnipeg, their music is an excellent mix of blues and rock, very easy on the ears for just about any fan of rock music. I cannot decide what bands sound similar to the Perpetrators, but the closest in sound I can relate to is Canadian-Texan raw blues rock trio Grady.

In 2006, the Perpetrators won the Outstanding Blues Album award at the Western Canadian Music Awards. The group has covered such tunes as Neil Young's Are You Ready for the Country? and The Guess Who's Hang on to Your Life.

The Perpetrators have a new album coming out in April, and have already released their new single, titled You're Gonna Kill Me. Check them out if you have the chance, if you like laid back rock mixed with blues, you will enjoy the music of this fine group.

Links:
Official Website
Tour Dates
Wiki
Myspace page
New Music Canada page

No comments: