Sunday, May 24, 2009

Les Dales Hawerchuk!

A year ago today, I saw Les Dales Hawerchuk perform a concert in Quartier Champlain in Quebec City. Les Dales Hawerchuk are a rock band from Quebec that got their name from the former hockey player, Winnipeg Jet Dale Hawerchuk.

I was amazed by the amount of energy this band had. I wasn't expecting much, but they delivered an evening of raw live music, that was amazing! They played their hit (title) track Les Dales Hawerchuk, as well as some nice slower songs like Papillon.

Check these boys out, I definitely will be again! I was even wearing a Jets t-shirt I bought here in Brandon, Manitoba, and lead singer Sylvain Seguin actually walked up to me on the street just to compliment it! Cool guy.

Cheers.. oh and GO JETS GO! With the whole NHL controversy going on right now, I wish the Jets would return to Winnipeg.

No comments: